Hello fellow parents and leaders!
Our parent/volunteer team has put together an amazing schedule of courses for EVERONE in Scouting adult leadership. Have a fun learning experience with other parents like you! All new parents or the most seasoned volunteers, everyone will get something out of USA!
I am a parent/volunteer just like you and even look forward to the Wild Wild West Cub Weekend camp out with many of you on Saturday. Just like you, I am in Scouting because of the value it brings my children and family. I believe in what you are doing and honored to serve you through University of Scouting Arts!
Make your Scouting Pack, Troop, or Crew better through the FEATURES below:
- Accessible: Saturday only option
- Introductory level information for new parent/volunteers
- Applicable to your needs
- Experienced volunteer trainers
- Hands on demonstrations for your position in scouting.
- Basic leader training offered (Den Leader & Pack or Troop Committee) – Help your unit earn JTE awards!
- Where do I go for help?
- How to keep your youth, volunteers, & parents safe.
- Build a team of parents working together.
- Recruit, retain and skyrocket with fellow volunteers
- Eagle Scout Process – How to both deliver the promise AND start an Eagle’s nest in your troop!
- Make meetings fun!
- Advanced discussion and challenging topics for tenured scouters.
- How to manage unit finances.
- Fundraising ideas
- What is the bigger picture?
- Meet other parents in the exact position you are in, “Well, I am here because I just stepped in to help…….” “ME TOO!”
- Fun “Star Wars vs. Star Trek” theme and fun evening activities.
Come for ONLY the DAY or all weekend. You will be fed, but bring your own tent!
April 26 ‐28, 2019
Camp Miles 38751 Bermont Rd., Punta Gorda, 33982
USA is an all adult Scout Leader training weekend geared to give you the latest information to take you to the next level of Scouting. This is an alternative education program offering courses you will not find at any other venue in Scouting. From the basics to the very technical, we approach our educational program with enthusiastic idealism, years of on the job experience, and a deep commitment in offering youth the very best in Scout leader training. Be prepared for a weekend of learning, fellowship and fun!
This year’s theme is a Star Trek vs. Star Wars. You are welcome to dress the part, but remember we are at a Scout camp. You will need to wear your Field Uniform (Class A) to dinner Saturday evening and breakfast Sunday morning. All other meals are Activity Uniform (Class B) /costume attire.
Who: Registered adult leaders from Packs, Troops, Crews, Ships
When: April 26 – 28, 2019. Check-in Friday AFTER 5pm or Saturday BETWEEN 7:45 am – 8:15am.
Cost: $25 weekend / $15 Saturday Only / $12 Dri-Fit Shirt / $15 Hat
Register Online: http://www.swflcouncilbsa.org – Registration closes on April 11, 2019. You are not registered until all fees are all paid. $10 late fee per person if not paid by April 18!
Payments: Must be received by Council no later than April 18, 2019. Please make checks out to the Southwest Florida Council, 1801 Boy Scout Dr., Ft. Myers, FL 33907
Includes: Weekend fee includes: materials, patch, degree certificate, four meals.
Saturday fee includes: materials, patch, non-degree certificate, lunch, dinner. Participants receive the full experience, but do not earn a degree.
Contact: Chancellor Drew Wormington ‐ (941) 815‐0951 • firstname.lastname@example.org